Under the terms of your loan you are not allowed to sublet your home. However, permission to sublet will be considered in the following circumstances:
- The homeowner has been temporarily relocated by their current employer and is not receiving sufficient payments to pay for their mortgage and the housing costs associated with temporary relocation.
- The homeowner has a medical condition that means they are unable to remain in their property for a temporary period of time.
- The homeowner must temporarily relocate to look after an ill family member.
If you are looking to sublet your property under any of the above circumstances you will need to provide us with the following information:
- Written confirmation from your mortgage lender that they are willing to permit you to sublet.
- Confirmation from on how long you want to sublet for and your intentions once your period of subletting has expired.
- Evidence supporting your case.
Once you have provided us with the required information we will seek permission from the lender(s) on your behalf. We will notify you of the outcome of your request in writing.
If you do decide progress this type of application you will be required to pay an administration fee, listed in the tariff of charges. It is suggested you contact us to discuss your case before progressing.