I want to…

Move away from base

Move away from base

What happens if you have to move away from base?


Under the terms of your loan you are not allowed to sublet your home. However, permission to sublet will be considered in the following circumstances:

  • The homeowner is a serving member of the Armed Forces whose tour of duty requires them to serve away from the area in which they live (a distance of at least 50 miles or 90 minutes travelling time) for a fixed period of time.

If you are looking to sublet your property under any of the above circumstances you will need to provide us with the following information:

  • Written confirmation from your mortgage lender that they are willing to permit you to sublet.
  • Confirmation from on how long you want to sublet for and your intentions once your period of subletting has expired.
  • Evidence supporting your case.

Once you have provided us with the required information we will seek permission from the lender on your behalf. We will notify you of the outcome of your request in writing.

If you do decide progress this type of application you will be required to pay an administration fee, listed in the tariff of charges. It is suggested you contact us to discuss your case before progressing.