Who do I need to send my valuation to?

Please email all correspondence to hop.team@metropolitan.org.uk . If you do not have access to email, please refer to the Contact page to find our address and post your valuation to.

Who can I get money advice from?

Use Shelter’s advice agency directory to find various free local advice agencies, such as Citizens Advice Bureau. Your lender may offer a debt advice service, but it may charge you upfront or add the charges to your mortgage debt. You don’t have to use it.

Where can I find whether there is government help available?

Find out whether you are eligible for a government backed mortgage assistance scheme (it may allow you to stay in your home) – see the ‘Owning and Renting’ area on the .GOV website. Free independent money advice agencies can help you work out whether you would be eligible for any of these schemes. In the[…]

What kind of home improvements is allowed whilst the property has a charge over it?

No external or internal structural improvements are permitted while any of our charges are registered on your property. All external or internal cosmetic changes are permitted, however, they will not be deducted from your valuation report when you come to sell your property. For more information on this please download the relevant information pack from[…]

What is the redemption figure based on (sale price or valuation)?

If you are selling your property through HomeBuy Direct, First Buy, Help to Buy, Armed Forces Home Ownership Scheme, London Wide Initiative or First Time Buyer Initiative, your redemption figure is based on the sale price or valuation amount depending on which one is higher.

What is required from a desktop valuation?

You will need to contact your original surveyor and provide a report which contains the up-to-date market value and 3 up-to-date comparables. It should include a date and a signature by the surveyor as well as be on headed paper by the surveyor.